Illusions - Part 8

The doctor prescribed her some meditation exercises. He also advised her to take few days off from writing ghost stories. “Apart from these , we will conduct therapy sessions daily starting from tomorrow .”, he said. She nodded and got up to leave . On their way towards home, Kabir spoke, “ Why didn’t you tell me about this ? I am feeling guilty for letting you suffer silently .” She brushed his hand gently to relieve him from his guilt and said, “ I didn’t know that it was due to my past I was seeing things and I didn’t want to reminisce about the nightmares of my past.” .

They reached home. Kabir wanted some time alone and thus he headed to the library. Shaina didn’t stop him instead she headed to her room to get hot shower to refresh her mind. After the shower, she was searching for comfortable clothes from the wardrobe. Suddenly she stepped on something soft. It triggered her the memories of the last night. She screamed out of fright and moved aside. It was the same carnivorous plant . But this time it had no fangs. It looked dead.

She was stunned. The dream wasn’t dream afterall. It was real. Someone was playing with her fears. She got dressed and called all the staff to assemble at the dining room. Kabir was also arrived to understand what was this all about. “Shaina, What happened ?”, he asked. She didn’t reply . She remained silent for few minutes.

After few minutes, she took out the dead large carnivorous plant that seemed like huge python. “What is this ?”, she asked angrily. Kabir and staff looked stunned at her. They started discussing in whispers. “Enough of whispers ! I want to know who did this .”, she spilled out her anger. Everyone kept quiet except Kabir. He asked the staff to leave. When they left, he spoke softly, “Tell me what happened. Why are you angry ?” She narrated him the whole incident.

Kabir became red with anger. “Give me twenty four hours! I will find the culprit and bring him to you.”, he said firmly. As he turned to leave, “I have always asked you to share your pain with me. You don’t have to face it alone. You should have confronted me first instead of creating huge commotion. Anyway , I will find that culprit.”, he spoke angrily.

She had never seen him seething in anger. He was always gentle and calm unlike her. His words were always filled with love. But today it was filled with anger and sadness. She had broken his heart by not sharing her pain to him and not once but twice.

(To be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusions - Part 18

The Love Song - Part 6

The Love Song - Part 3