Illusions - Part 16

She opened her eyes. Her head was still throbbing in pain . She looked around. She saw Kabir’s uncle standing in front of her with his new assistant whom she had busted few minutes back. She looked for  Kabir. He wasn’t there. She grew furious and tried to get up. But her hands and legs were  strapped to the bed. “Why the hell have you strapped me for ? Don’t you have guts to fight me ?”, she growled at him.

“Come on, Shaina ! I don’t like my prey to be challenging . I love straight kill.  No fights . No drama.”, the uncle spoke calmly like he spoke when he first introduced himself as doctor to her. He got closer to her. “You know what! Even though I like my prey less challenging, I gave you lot of opportunities to let you fight me but you never used it. Now I am bored of this cat and mouse chase.”, he continued. She tried to scratch his face. But the strap held her back. He laughed .

“Get me the papers !”, he ordered his accomplice. The young man took out the papers from his bag pack and handed it out. Uncle bought the papers to her and said, “ Please sign these papers before you die.” “What are they”, she asked . “Property papers. That foolish husband of yours didn’t do his work properly. He was supposed to get this paper signed few months back but he fell in love with you and declined to do my job.”, he said.

She laughed hysterically like as if a joke was cracked. “Love and he ? He got Joseph almost killed because Joseph’s truth was out. He didn’t want me to know that he was behind all this thing. Such a vile man !”, she spilled out her anger.  Uncle giggled and spoke, “ Oh poor you ! Let me enlighten you with some truth. I was the one who almost killed Joseph . I would have killed him if your foolish husband didn’t betray me. He called the ambulance before I could finish my kill. I had spent whole night to put sense into him. But that guy followed his heart. He refused to take part in my plan.”

She was struck by the revelation. She didn’t know what to believe. “Don’t worry. I have sent him to better place.”, he said. Tears welled up in her eyes, she spoke, “I will never sign those papers.” “Fine ! It’s okay! I can get those papers signed without requiring you to sign. What a waste of these few minutes !”, he said , pointing the gun towards her.

Suddenly there was a gun shot. Uncle’s hand was bleeding. He stared at his hand with wide eyes and then turned his gaze towards where the gun shot had come . It was Kabir. There was blood ox zing out from his left side of his abdomen and staining his shirt. “Leave her alone. I told you that time and I m telling you now .”, he said, surprising everyone in the room.


( To be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusions - Part 18

The Love Song - Part 6

The Love Song - Part 3